What's Stirring, February 13, 2014
Ahhhhhh, thawing. We're expecting temperatures to warm up into the 40s in the next few days, and maybe even more. Just in time for some immediate fun, and just enough to inspire us to plan for the future, too.
- Craft Writing, the inventive, free (with required registration) showcase for writing and craft beer, happens Saturday, February 15 at the University of Kentucky. Superstars of the crafts of writing and beer brewing will present all day long.
- Holly Hill Inn offers what Chef Ouita Michel calls "the best aphrodisiac menu she has ever created," this weekend. All the HHI family of restaurants will have splendid, special Valentine offerings as well.
- Good Foods Market's popular Owner Discount Days run through Sunday, February 16: 10 percent off for cooperative owners. You can arrange to become an owner on the spot if you want.
- Bluegrass Food Writing 2014: with me! This course begins February 26, and continues weekly on Wednesday nights through March 26. At Joseph-Beth Booksellers; presented by the Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning. Here's why I'm looking forward to the course. Here's a course outline. Pre-registration is required.
- Organic Association of Kentucky hosts its fourth annual conference at Berea College, March 7-8.
- Kentucky Green Living Fair, that wonder of an event in Somerset, happens March 15.
- Alfalfa plans to launch a new menu shortly, and it's expected to include one beloved classic: Alfalfa Lasagna.
Sponsors included in this post: Alfalfa Restaurant, Good Foods Market, Holly Hill Inn, Midway School Bakery, Wallace Station, Windy Corner. See more sponsors here and in the site footer.