LFM means "local fab meals"
The second Saturday for the 2008 Lexington Farmers Market season brought lots of vendors, a little early rain, and a LOT of beautiful locally grown foods, flowers, and plants.
Here's a small gallery of photos from the rainy portion of the morning.
I brought home so many good things:
- a thyme plant, green garlic, and paprika from Blue Moon Farm
- giant parsnips, Bordeaux spinach, and kale from Elmwood Stock Farm
- beeswax candles and this year's bee pollen from Bev Nickels
- fresh goat feta from Bleugrass Chevre
- tender Bibb lettuce and dried shiitake mushrooms from Hoot Owl Holler Farm
Happy local days are here again!